Friday, October 2, 2026

Marrying Mandy: a marriage of convenience between best friends and a love they have both been denying

Marrying Mandy is the first book in the Brides of Clearwater series by Melanie D. Snitker. After her parents’ divorce and their abandonment, Mandy Hudson vowed never to marry. Even though she was raised by her loving grandparents, she feels that real love just doesn’t last. When her grandmother dies, Mandy learns there is a shocking stipulation in the will. In order to inherit her grandparents’ estate, including a bed and breakfast, she must marry. Preston Yarrow has been Mandy’s childhood best friend and he has been in love with her since they were teenagers. He proposes a solution: a marriage of convenience. A marriage they would both benefit from. Mandy would be able to keep the bed and breakfast and Preston will be able to focus on his new woodworking business. They agree to the terms and marry. Life throws curves that Mandy isn’t prepared for especially for the realization that life was better with Preston at her side.

Marrying Mandy is a sweet romance with tearful moments and finding faith in oneself, someone else and in love. I enjoyed Mandy and Preston as individuals and as a couple. Mandy is a woman who learned to do things by herself and protects herself against being hurt. Preston is a man who is content with being Mandy’s best friend, even when he would like more. When Mandy is in trouble of losing the only home she has known, He jumps in to help with no other motive than to help. I loved that as each curve is thrown and Mandy is scrambling to deal with it, Preston is there, lovingly and gently, telling her that she does not need to handle it alone. I also loved how the community gathers together to show Mandy the same thing. Overall, I enjoyed this story and I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I highly recommend Marrying Mandy. 

Marrying Mandy is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment