Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sisters: the realizations that life always leads in unexpected ways

Sisters is the first book in the Sun Valley series by Kellie Coates Gilbert. It is the story of three women, their choices and their realization that life doesn’t always lead where they expect. Karyn Macadam is struggling to start over after the tragic death of her husband in a skiing accident. She looks for a new beginning, but can she let go of the past? Leigh Ann Blackburn is the perfect wife but hides a struggle. Her husband has become distant and she believes the worst case scenario. She jumps into a plan to save her marriage. Joie Abbott is the youngest sister who always seems to find a way to mess up her life. She desperately hides a secret from her family until a betrayal forces her to come clean. One thing these women learn is that life is better with your sisters. 



Set in the picturesque setting of Sun Valley, Idaho, Karyn, Leigh Ann and Joie have known heartbreak. From losing their mother at a young age to their own relationship, these sisters have stuck together. Despite their differences, they can count on each other. I enjoyed reading a story set in Sun Valley. I'm familiar with the famous ski resort town; however, I don’t think I’ve ever read a story set there. Overall, I enjoyed each of the women’s storylines. However, I was interested in Joie’s secret and the pain she was trying to hide in her bravado and the bottom of the bottle. I cheered when she finally stood up and said enough! I loved their spunk, determination and their loyalty to each other despite their differences. I enjoyed Sisters and look forward to the rest of the series. I recommend Sisters


Sisters is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment