Monday, October 17, 2022

The Clause in Christmas: an unexpected inheritance comes with a catch

The Clause in Christmas is the first book in the Poppy Creek series by Rachael Bloome. Is a story of an unexpected inheritance and a turning point in life. Cassie Hayward hates Christmas and for good reason. This year she has no job, flat broke and an ex that won’t leave her alone. She arrives in the small town of Poppy Creek to receive her inheritance from her estranged grandmother. There’s one tiny problem. Her grandmother Edith had put a clause in the will. In order for Cassie to inherit, she would need to complete the Christmas Calendar. A series of festive tasks to complete everyday til Christmas and her lawyer, the handsome Luke Davis, would oversee her progress. Will Cassie complete the calendar? Will she risk her heart to find joy in Christmas and love in the small town? 

I don’t usually read books set during Christmas but the premise of The Clause in Christmas intrigued me. How could someone hate Christmas? This book was my first by Rachael Bloome and it will not be my last. From the opening chapter to the closing pages, my heart fell for Cassie, Luke and the small town of Poppy Creek. I grinned like an idiot. I cried like a baby and I sighed at the romance. Cassie’s story is heartbreaking and with pain like hers, it is easy to close yourself off for protection. Luke is just the man to show her that joy can be found in Christmas and how love can be great when you open yourself up. I am eager to read the rest of the Poppy Creek series. I highly, highly recommend The Clause in Christmas


The Clause in Christmas is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment