Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Did Not Finish: a enemies-to-lovers romance

Did Not Finish by Nicola Marsh is an enemies-to-lovers romance in the cutthroat world of publishing. Mia is a reviewer for a well-known newspaper. Her book reviews have skyrocketed sales. They even tank sales with her dreaded DNF (did not finish). She has been secretly writing her own books she wishes to publish. When she wins a spot at a writer’s retreat with the bestselling thriller writer, Axel Low, Mia thinks her dreams have come true. Except what she doesn’t know is that he hates her. Axel plans to eviscerate her writing to give her a taste of her own medicine. But fate intervenes and a rare blizzard blows in and the two are stranded together. It doesn’t take long for Axel and Mia to engage in every romantic trope there is but with secrets they need to protect, when the snow melts, who will be left standing? 

I am familiar with Nicola Marsh’s psychological thrillers and always enjoy them. I haven’t had a chance to read her romance books. When I got the chance to read Did Not Finish, I did not hesitate. I always enjoy a good romance. Did Not Finish is a unique romance with dual points of views (POVs). I don’t think I’ve read a romance with dual POVs but it worked. I enjoyed the insights into the motives with Mia as well as Axel. I even enjoyed Mr Darcy, the silent but very present cat who is a character in his own right. As a book reviewer and an aspiring author, I enjoyed the behind the scenes look of the writing and publishing world. I laughed. I grinned. I sighed the way only romance stories make one sigh. I could not put this book down! I highly, highly recommend Did Not Finish


Did Not Finish is now available in hardcover, paperback, eBook and audiobook



No comments:

Post a Comment