Sunday, June 4, 2023

It Ends With Us: a hard hitting story of breaking the familial cycle

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover is the story of one woman who swore to never repeat a familial cycle and finds herself doing just that. Lily’s life hasn’t been easy and she has worked hard to leave her past behind. When she meets Ryle Kincaid, the gorgeous neurosurgeon, she can’t believe her luck. Ryle is assertive, stubborn and a little arrogant but he has a sensitive side. As their relationship grows from occasional fling to serious, she begins to look back on her past relationships, especially her first love, Atlas Corrigan. He was her kindred spirit, protector, and a link to a past she wants to forget. As Atlas reappears in her life, her relationship with Ryle gets complicated and she finds herself in all too familiar territory. Can she find the courage and strength to say enough’s enough? 

Colleen Hoover’s books have been the talk of my book groups for a long time. I avoided reading her books for a while. Sometimes popularity doesn’t always mean great. It wasn’t until my daughter mentioned a classmate of hers was reading one. As a reader who started more adult themed books at a young age, I was curious. As I started this book, I wanted to hate it because Lily was following the life she swore she would never follow. However, I found myself wanting to see if Lily found the strength to finally break the cycle. It Ends With Us covers difficult topics with no clear answers and readers ask themselves “what if it were me?” Overall, I enjoyed It Ends With Us and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Hoover’s books. I highly recommend It Ends With Us


It Ends With Us is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment