Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Day He Left Town: a second chance romance

The Day He Left Town by Elana Johnson is the first book in the Hawthorne Harbor series. Anthony “Tony” Herrin is the youngest of the Harrin brothers and followed the family tradition into public service. He never expected to live in Hawthorne Harbor and eagerly awaits news of a job with the Forest Service. Catherine “Cat” Magleby didn’t want to be back in her hometown but after a humiliating break-up, she had no choice. She also definitely didn’t want to run into her ex-boyfriend. Despite their mutual love of the outdoors, Tony and Cat seem to be on different paths while still being drawn to each other. Can they find a second chance at a happily ever after? 



I like Elana Johnson’s clean second chance romances. They are fun, inspiring and a great weekend read. Unfortunately, The Day He Left Town didn’t have the same feel. It was a short read, almost too short. I felt as if I didn’t have time to get invested in Tony and Cat’s relationship. I didn’t care for Tony and Cat as individuals, at first. By the end, I enjoyed seeing them together. I was interested in the side characters which will probably be featured in future books. Overall, Tony and Cat’s story was enjoyable and I am interested in reading the rest of the series. I recommend The Day He Left Town


The Day He Left Town is available in paperback and eBook




No comments:

Post a Comment