Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Sleeping Arrangement: it's just sleeping...right?

The Sleeping Arrangement by Neva Bell is a story of a simple arrangement but it leads to so much more. Julie Michaels is in her last year of law school. She is struggling to pay her bills for herself and her brother after the loss of their beloved grandmother. She has dealt with rough patches before and she’ll get through this one too. One fateful day, she gets stuck in an elevator with Drew Waters, the star basketball player. Julie helps Drew keep calm and they eventually fall asleep, waiting to be rescued. Drew wants a championship and he has the talent to get one. There is one problem: he has trouble sleeping, that is until he was able to sleep in the elevator. He is convinced it was Julie’s soothing presence. He offers her a deal: sleep beside him until the end of the playoffs and he will pay her. They convince themselves it is just sleeping…right? 

I borrowed this title through Prime Reading as the premise intrigued me and the author is new to me. Instead of a marriage of convenience, it is a sleeping arrangement. The story started off a bit slow and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue. However, I stuck with it and I am so glad I did! There are a lot of deeper issues in this story in both Julie’s and Drew’s pasts. There is a bit of a mystery that seems like a filler but it explodes into so much more! I was able to figure out the mystery before the reveal; however, the reveal was still exciting! I enjoyed Julie and Drew as well as their supporting casts of characters. I laughed. I cried. I grinned as I closed the final page on their happily ever after. It is a sweet romance with a little steam and a great story. I highly recommend The Sleeping Arrangement


The Sleeping Arrangement is available in paperback and eBook





No comments:

Post a Comment