Thursday, August 3, 2023

Sunsets, Sabbatical, and Scandal: a dating app, a hacker stealing money and murder

Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal by Tonya Kappes is the tenth book in the Campers and Criminals Cozy Mystery series. Some of the local single gals are on a dating app and someone has hacked into several bank accounts and drained the funds. But the smalltown of Normal, Kentucky is shocked and shaken when one of their own is found dead on the floor of the diner. Mae and the Laundry Club ladies aren’t about to sit idly by as a murderer is on the loose. When a connection to Mae’s hometown pops up in the investigation, she must face a past she has tried to keep away. Who has murdered their beloved friend and citizen? And who is their hacker? Are they one and the same? 

Tonya Kappes has really found a rhythm with this cozy mystery series. When I first started the series, I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy continuing. But I kept going and now I’m hooked. Learning more about Mae’s past was heartbreaking. The discovery of the victim was shocking; however the capture of the killer was oh so satisfying. I enjoyed seeing more of Hank and Mae’s relationship become closer and closer. I am thoroughly enjoying this series and I look forward to the many books in the future. These books are a great way to spend a lazy afternoon reading and so engaging that you will have a hard time putting them down. I recommend Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal.  


Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment