Tuesday, August 1, 2023

The Fake Out: a hilarious rom-com that will have you smiling for days!

The Fake Out is the newest Sharon M Peterson rom-com. Mae Sampson is the librarian in the small town Two Harts, Texas. One night, after closing, she discovers a man asleep at a desk. She doesn’t recognize him which is unusual for a small town but the two have a bit of a fun banter after he wakes up and she shoos him out the door. When they run into each other again, she learns he is Chris Sterns, the handsome “world’s sexiest man” all-star NFL player. He has chosen Two Harts for some R&R and, somehow, ropes Mae into a two person book club. Despite begrudgingly agreeing, she can’t help but enjoy their banter. When a compromising video starts circulating and everything Chris has worked hard for is in jeopardy. He proposes a fake engagement to both their benefit: he needs damage control and she needs money for mounting medical bills. What could possibly go wrong? 

I absolutely loved Ms. Peterson’s debut novel, The Do-Over and I had to get The Fake Out. It delivers on the laugh out moments, the uplifting and inspirational moments and oh-so-sweet friends to lovers romance. I completely related with Mae, the bookish librarian who takes charge when her mom falls ill and her father left long ago. And Chris is a man with a big heart. I loved the banter between Mae and Chris and I think I grinned nonstop! One of my favorite moments is when Mae and Chris are in a bookshop and Mae thinks “Forget about firefighters. Hot guy plus books… where was that calendar?” Yeah, I’d buy that calendar! I could not put it down. I read while I made dinner. I read while I ate dinner. I read until I closed the final page with a grin and a sigh. The Fake Out is so good. I highly, highly recommend The Fake Out


The Fake Out is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment