Monday, August 21, 2023

Nobody Told Me: a crime hits closer to home

Nobody Told Me is the sixth book in the Hart’s Ridge series by Kay Bratt. Another crime in Hart’s Ridge hits home for Deputy Taylor Gray. She investigates the sudden disappearance of Jarret Clark, a young man who holds a special place in her life. She hopes for the best but fears the worst. Her sister, Lucy, is working on starting her life over with her son, Johnny. As she sets out on her path of self-discovery, Lucy realizes that it’s not as straightforward as she thought. Not only does she have to deal with her personal issues, she discovers someone is trying to destroy her life. While she thinks she knows who it is, she must decide when enough’s enough and confront her tormentor. Will Lucy find the strength to truly change for the better? Will she stand up and fight back? Will Taylor solve the mystery of Jarret’s disappearance before it’s too late?

The Hart’s Ridge series has it all: crimes inspired by true stories, family drama and a small town setting. It is important to read this series in order and I have enjoyed it since Hart’s Ridge (book 1). I’m not sure what it was; but the story in Nobody Told Me felt a little off. I can’t quite put my finger on it. It was fast paced. It held my attention but I wasn’t exactly wowed by it. I love that many characters who were featured in previous books made appearances. I loved the ending and the cliffhanger that I am, of course, eagerly awaiting book 7 to read the fallout. While Lucy’s stalker was a bit of a surprise, I kept expecting someone else from her past to pop up again. Maybe they will? Despite it all, I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend Nobody Told Me. I look forward to the next book in the series. 


Nobody Told Me is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment