Friday, August 25, 2023

The Last Single Girl: can she find a date for New Year's Eve?

The Last Single Girl by Bria Quinlan is the first book in the Brew Ha Ha series. It was supposed to be a girl only night for New Year’s Eve. Before Sarah knows it, it becomes a couples night. The only problem is Sarah is the only single girl in her friend group. She now has one month to find a date for the big gala. Not just any date. He must be willing to dress up for the themed party. And doesn’t already have plans for the biggest party night of the year. She decides to try her hand out on online dating. It isn’t long before she discovers that this challenge will be harder than she thought. After a series of bad coffee dates, Sarah is about to give up and go solo. However, she can’t stop thinking about a certain geeky, somewhat hot cafe owner. Could he be who she is looking for? 

Not one for the “Ugh I don’t have a date for the big night” kinda girl, I was still intrigued by this premise. Especially when the guy she needs is right in front of her and she doesn’t see it at first. However, the story fell flat right away. I didn’t care for a couple of her friends. I found them to be very shallow and had me asking, how and why they were friends. Sarah goes on the stereotypical bad and horrible dates. I didn’t care for the constant reminder that Sarah was “the last single girl.” Yes, we got it. It’s the title for crying out loud. Overall, I did not care for Sarah and her predicament. I will not be continuing this series. It was a bit predictable, but so are most romances, so I didn’t have an issue with that. However, if you enjoy a quick read romance, you may enjoy The Last Single Girl


The Last Single Girl is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment