Friday, December 15, 2023

Let It Be Me: a friends to lovers, age gap romance

Let it Be Me by Kait Nolan is the first book in the Men of Misfit Inn series. Four years ago, Caleb Romero and Emerson Aldridge were thrown together after a tragedy. When her best friend died in a car accident, Emerson gained custody of her teenage daughter and focused her life on Fiona’s care. Caleb believes he met the woman of his dreams, however, the timing was bad, so he was content being Emerson’s friend in her time of need. Now Fiona is headed off to college and Emerson finds herself at a crossroad. After one toe curling kiss, Emerson and Caleb find themselves heading into a new phase of their relationship. The only thing stopping Emerson is their age difference, can Caleb convince her that it means nothing? 

Let it Be Me is a friends to lovers, age gap romance. The book opens with an emotional car accident which leaves Fiona orphaned and Emerson suddenly a single mother with Caleb, their rescuer and new friend. After the first chapter, the story fast forwards 4 years later as Fiona is getting ready for college. That’s where the story fell flat. There is a slow burn romance and then there’s a slow romance. I was so bored reading this story that I found myself blanking. And this is the second time I tried to read this story. The first time, I thought it was me and decided to give it another try at a later date. The second time, I realized my first impressions were correct. Overall, I did not enjoy Let It Be Me


Let It Be Me is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment