Sunday, December 3, 2023

The Mechanics of Mistletoe: a second chance romance

The Mechanics of Mistletoe by Liz Isaacson is the first book in the Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #1. Bear Glover can be a grizzly or a teddy bear. He always thought he was content working the family ranch but when he develops a crush on Samantha Benton, he decides it’s time to act on it. Samantha “Sammy” is a genius with a wrench who can fix just about anything. She struggles being the strong one in her family as she has custody of her orphaned nephew and taking care of her aging parents. When Bear asks her out, she is surprised but thrilled. While their first date is considered a disaster, they can’t stop thinking about each other. When a series of tornadoes hit their small town, Bear is determined to have a second chance with Sammy. Will this be their second chance at love? 

The Mechanics of Mistletoe is a clean, Christian second chance romance. I liked Bear as the eldest brother who takes care of his family and responsibilities at the cost of his personal life. I cheered him on as he decided to take a chance with Sammy. However, I did not like Sammy. I admired her strength to take care of her nephew and her parents following her sister’s death; however, she mentions it all the time! I didn’t like her stubborn independence as she resists Bear’s help. I loved how Bear was determined to show her that asking for or accepting help isn’t a weakness. Overall, as I closed the story, I was left ambivalent about The Mechanics of Mistletoe. However, I know I most likely will not finish this series. However, if you enjoy small town, faith-based second chance romance, you may enjoy The Mechanics of Mistletoe


The Mechanics of Mistletoe is available in hardcover, paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment