Wednesday, March 6, 2024

The Perfect Marriage: a disappointing psychological thriller

The Perfect Marriage by Jeneva Rose is a domestic psychological thriller of whodunit? Sarah Morgan is a successful and powerful defense attorney in Washington DC. She has been named a partner at her firm at 33 years old and life is going exactly as she planned. However, her husband, Adam, has been a struggling writer with only one successful book to his name. Tired of being second to Sarah’s career, out in the secluded woods of their second home, Adam has a passionate affair with Kelly Summers. But when Kelly is found murdered in the cabin, Adam is arrested for her murder, the image of Sarah’s perfect life comes crumbling down. She finds herself defending Adam against murder charges. She asks herself is he guilty or innocent? Should she even be defending him in the first place? Who killed Kelly Summers? 

I was excited to read this book as I repeatedly saw it on social media. So when the chance came up to read it, I grabbed it. Sadly, it did not live up to the hype. From the opening chapters to the very unsatisfying ending, I could not believe what I just read. There were no likable or relatable characters. I felt insulted and demeaned at every turn by Sarah and her friends. There were so many holes in the entire case that any lawyer worth his or her salt would see. Throughout the story, I had a nagging feeling that the story felt familiar. When I got to the end, I realized why, (I won’t reveal it as it is a spoiler). It was disappointing, especially as the book is advertised as a “completely gripping psychological suspense.” I do not recommend The Perfect Marriage


The Perfect Marriage is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment