Friday, June 14, 2024

His Curvy Friend: a friends to lovers romance

His Curvy Friend by Mary E Thompson is the first book in the Book Boyfriends Wanted series. Ian has been stuck in the friend zone for years. But he wanted for the right moment to make his move and he knows it’s coming. Blake is stinging from a recent breakup. Her ex-boyfriend broke up with her because he thought she was in love with her best friend’s older brother. A claim she thought was ridiculous, even though she thought often about the time she walked in on him just out of the shower. Water running down his chest. His hair slicked back from his face and that stormy look in his eyes. But no, she didn’t have a thing for him! When an online dating site pairs Ian and Blake together, it becomes his opportunity to show a side of him she has never seen before, the side that wanted forever with her. Can he convince her that he sees her for her? 

I love books that feature people of all body shapes and abilities and I looked forward to His Curvy Friend. Unfortunately, it was a let down from the opening chapter. First, Blake makes the statement along the lines that all curvy girls get sweaty easily. As a curvy girl myself, I scoffed and a big NO escaped my lips. Second, there was a huge information dump in the first chapter and it was confusing on who was who and what was going on. Third, I simply didn’t buy Ian and Blake’s friendship, much less their romance. They were both supposed to be in their 30s and yet, I thought they were easily in their teens and immature. Blake was in a constant “woe is me” pity party. While I understand intrusive thoughts, it was so repetitive I wanted to scream at her to do something about it!  Overall, I did not enjoy His Curvy Friend and I will not be continuing the series.



His Curvy Friend is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment