Monday, June 10, 2024

Say You Swear: a college romance, a love triangle and a tragic accident that threatens to tear everything apart

Say You Swear by Meagan Brady is the first book in the Boys of Avix series. Arianna Johnson dreams of a college romance. As she and her twin brother, Mason, and their group of friends gather for the summer before their first semester, Arianna is filled with hope. She dreamt for years of what college would be like: the late night studying, parties and a college romance. While she always imagined it would be one particular guy, Chase, one of her brother’s best friends, a guy who never gave her any indication he felt the same, Ari wasn’t expecting him. Noah Riley is a college senior, captain of the football team and her brother’s teammate. As they hang out as friends, Ari and Noah find themselves being pulled to each other and the romance of her dreams begins. Until a tragic accident takes it all away and Ari must fight to find her way back to Noah. 

I first discovered Say You Swear through a Facebook Reel and I immediately put the book on my wishlist. I recently was able to read it and it was not what I expected. First, I say I loved the story between Ari and Noah. They were a great couple. I didn’t care for the drama around the love triangle between Ari, Noah and another guy; however, I did understand it as I have seen it in real life. So it’s not like it is not in the realm of possibilities. Second, it is a very long book for a romance, almost 600 pages but I read it within three days, so it held my attention. Third, my only complaint is that the beginnings of each chapter were printed over a picture of a couple on the beach and it made the text very hard to read. Overall, I enjoyed it and I recommend Say You Swear. 



Say You Swear is available in paperback (with alternate covers), eBook and audiobook



No comments:

Post a Comment