Saturday, June 8, 2024

Moonlight, Murder and Small Town Secrets: a fun southern cozy mystery

Moonlight, Murder and Small Town Secrets by KC Hart is the first book in the Katy Cross Cozy Mystery series. By day, Katy Cross is a home health nurse. By night, she is the lead guitarist for her band, The Moonlighters. As she and the band prepared to play at the annual Peanut Patch Festival, she discovers a body during the mic check. As the investigation begins and a suspect is named, Katy is determined to investigate as well, compelled to snoop around. Katy sees that something doesn’t add up with the suspect and the evidence against him as the small town rumor mill is in full swing. When a second body is discovered, she knows the real killer is still out there. Will she be able to discover who the killer is before more lives are lost? 

Moonlight, Murder and Small Town Secrets is my first book by KC Hart and I was not disappointed. It was a fun cozy mystery with lots of laughs, intrigue and southern charm. It was an easy to read, fast paced story which kept me engaged and reading. I loved the southern charm of the town and the characters. I could even hear their accents in my head as I read, which is unique and added to the fun of the story. I also enjoyed all the characters as Katy’s friends eagerly help with her sleuthing. The identity of the killer was a complete surprise and the motive was interesting as well. The story had a great ending. If you are a fan of cozy mysteries with amateur sleuths and small towns, I highly recommend Moonlight, Murder and Small Town Secrets


Moonlight, Murder and Small Town Secrets is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment