Tuesday, June 18, 2024

The Fast Lane: a friends to lovers with humor and heart

The Fast Lane by Sharon M Peterson is the second book in the Two Harts series. Alicia Ramos needs a ride to her oldest brother’s wedding in Portland after her mother went overboard and there is no room for her in her parents’ car. Family friend, Theo Goodnight, is the man to give her a ride. However, a big problem! Ever since she proclaimed her love for Theo many, many years ago, their relationship has been lukewarm. After a recent break up, she was taking a dating sabbatical. He’s the last person she wanted to be alone with on a six day road trip, especially when he only sees her as a sister. However, as the trip begins, they fight over the playlist, banter and flirt. The close proximity and two thousand miles has her heart race. With each mile, she can’t help but wonder if Theo feels the same?


Sharon M Peterson has become my new auto-buy author. The Fast Lane is another hilarious friends-to-lovers, second-chance, brother’s best friend romantic comedy. I laughed. I sighed. I cried and I grinned ear to ear as I read well into the night. I could not put this book down. I loved Alicia and her antics. I loved the sibling banter between Alicia and her brothers. I also loved Alicia’s “note to self” notes at the beginning of each chapter. It added to the humor in the story. There was a bit of family drama as well. What is a wedding without family drama? I also loved Theo and his love for Alicia. He just gets her. You do not really need to read the first book, The Fake Out, to enjoy this story. However, I highly recommend reading it as it is another enjoyable story.  I highly, highly recommend The Fast Lane



The Fast Lane will be available in eBook on June 19, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment