The Secret of Poppyridge Cove is the first book in the Seaside Inn Mystery series by Rimmy London. Abby Tanner falls in love with a hauntingly beautiful manor that sits on the seaside. It has been abandoned for decades and it seems for good reason. Even though the estate is crumbling and she encounters a very chilling sight on the back porch, she can’t seem to stop thinking about how beautiful it would be all fixed up. The only thing stopping her is the two million dollar price tag. With a twist of fate, Abby is able to make an offer and while it is accepted, there seems to be someone or something that is determined to keep her away. Can she learn who is behind the gruesome occurrences? Can she find the determination to stand her ground and make the estate beautiful once again?
The Secret of Poppyridge Cove is described as a “cozy mystery” with an “on-again, off-again romance that will have your toes curling in delight.” With “pages turning” and “hearts warming,” I was promised an adventure that I would await another trip to Poppyridge Cove. However, there is no way this is a cozy mystery. While it starts off as a cozy mystery would, it turns too dark to be cozy anymore. Abby doesn’t truly stop and think and acts on impulse. Her boyfriend is annoying. There is also no consistency in the characters' backstories at all. And if you are an animal lover, please do not read this book! I did not enjoy this book and I definitely will not be continuing the series. There was nothing heart warming or toe curling about this story. I do not recommend The Secret of Poppyridge Cove.The Secret of Poppyridge Cove is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook

No comments:
Post a Comment