Saturday, March 19, 2022

Finding Faith: a story of family cycles and love with humor and heart

Finding Faith is the first book in the Finding Home series by B.E. Baker. Mary Wiggin had a troubled childhood. Her mom walked out, leaving her and her little sister in their father’s care, who started drinking and never stopped. Mary became responsible for herself and her sister. Mary swore off alcohol and decided she was never going to have kids, just in case bad parenting is hereditary.. She grew up to have a great, rewarding career as an accountant and even more rewarding work as president of Sub-for-Santa, a gift program for low income families. Then she meets the hunky Luke and his goofy smile and good natured humor sends shivers up her spine. He’s perfect…almost. When she discovers he is a widower with two young kids, she finds herself trying to walk away. Can she open herself to the possibility that she is not her parents? 

Finding Faith is my first book by B.E. Baker and it won’t be my last. From the opening chapter, I was drawn to Mary and her desire to stop the familial cycle. I also loved Luke. He instantly warmed my heart and I knew he’d be the one to change Mary’s mind. Finding Faith is a very sweet, heartwarming story with lots of romance moments, big smiles and humor. It was such a fun story. I couldn’t put it down. The characters’ fears and pasts felt realistic and their defensive walls they put up were also very real. I enjoyed the supporting cast of characters as well and I am looking forward to the rest of the series to read their stories. Finding Faith had relatable characters with real hurts, humor and possibilities for love. I highly recommend Finding Faith


Finding Faith is available in paperback, eBook, and audiobook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment