Sunday, March 27, 2022

Ismeni: a story of love, passion and fate

Ismeni by Tosca Lee is a prelude to The Legend of Sheba: Rise of a Queen. It is a story about a mysterious beauty born under a bad omen, a destiny set by the stars of her birth. Set in Saba (present day Yemen), Ismeni grew up feared by her people. Her beauty was considered unnatural and many were weary of her as they expected misfortune when she was around. But Ismeni prays for one thing: to live an invisible life. To live her life in relative peace. But it was not meant to be as she caught the attention of Prince Agaziah, the king’s youngest son. Through war and twists of fate, she becomes queen. 

I haven’t read anything by Tosca Lee and when Ismeni was offered to me, I was intrigued. I recently finished a bible study on the Queen of Sheba and her story was fresh in my mind. Ms. Lee writes a beautiful story that was so engaging I forget it was a short story and over before I was prepared. I am looking forward to reading The Legend of Sheba: Rise of a Queen to see if Ismeni’s wishes and dreams see fulfillment when her daughter comes to the throne. Ismeni is torn between the love of her heart and her societal duty. It is a story of love, passion and fate. I recommend Ismeni


Ismeni is available as an eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment