Thursday, August 27, 2026

Aloha Hideaway Inn: a small bed and breakfast, a big resort and a budding romance

Aloha Hideaway Inn is the first book in the Getaway Bay Resort series by Elana Johnson. Stacey Stapleton has big plans for Aloha Hideaway Inn, her bed and breakfast. But when Sweet Breeze, the new high rise resort opens in the bay, her plans come to a halt. She decides to go undercover and spy on the resort by spending a night. She learns that the resort cannot hold a candle to her quaint bed and breakfast. No matter how flawless it looks or how handsome and smart the owner is. However, when a tropical storm hits the bay, she and her guests must take refuge at the Sweet Breeze. As they wait out the storm, Stacey spends more time with Fisher DuPont, the owner of Sweet Breeze, and she realizes he is not the corporate monster she imagined. Can Stacey and her beloved Aloha Hideaway Inn survive the changes and the start of a new budding relationship? 

Aloha Hideaway Inn is a sweet clean romance in the Hawaiian tropical paradise. Unfortunately, I feel like I’ve read this story before. A small inn, a big resort and a forbidden romance between their owners. I liked Stacey as she tries to preserve her family’s legacy in her beloved bed and breakfast. I also liked Fisher as a man who is trying to overcome the shadow of his unscrupulous father. I enjoyed the supporting cast of characters. I enjoyed how the community came together as they faced the storm. I did not enjoy the miscommunication conflict as Stacey and Fisher constantly jump to conclusions and simply don’t clear the air by communicating! Overall, the characters were good but I just couldn’t shake the feeling I had read this story before. I will not be continuing the series. However, if you enjoy a clean, sweet romance in a tropical paradise, I recommend Aloha Hideaway Inn

Aloha Hideaway Inn is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment