Saturday, August 1, 2026

Shadows of You: a small town refugee becomes threatened, the town gump steps in for protection

Shadows of You is the fourth book in the Lost and Found series by Catherine Cowles. Aspen Barlow wanted a fresh start and the small town of Cedar Ridge was the perfect place to hide and stay safe. She just wanted to raise her daughter, Cady, and live their quiet life in the mountain town. The last she wanted or expected was Roan Hartley. Roan is the quiet, surly mountain man who arrives to help her save an injured deer during a sudden snowstorm. He seems to have a permanent scowl on his face and rarely smiles. Until Cady’s childlike wonder easily brings a smile and suddenly the gentle way he speaks to her softens Aspen’s heart. When her past seems to have found them in Cedar Ridge, Roan is determined to keep them safe and there is someone out there who doesn’t want her to be happy. He doesn’t even want her to be alive. 

When I started the first book of this series, I knew Roan’s story would be my favorite. Behind the scowl and gruff exterior, Roan hides a caring heart and a man deeply wounded by a secret he has kept for years. And little Cady was the perfect sunshine to break through his grumpy exterior. Aspen is a woman who has survived horrors and still found the strength to give Cady that life of laughter and joy. I loved to see Roan and Aspen come together in love and heal from the past and give each other the encouragement to share the burden with those who love and support him. And the villain in this story completely surprised me until the reveal when I gasped, “No, it can’t be?!?!?” I loved this story and I can’t wait to start the fifth and final book in this series. I highly, highly recommend Shadows of You and the Lost and Found series. 

Shadows of You is available in paperback, eBook and audiobook


No comments:

Post a Comment