Her No 1 Fan by Abby Davies is a psychological thriller which grabs readers from the beginning and will not let go. Rachel Brown plays Doctor Elouise Sparks on the popular TV series “Emergency,” Despite her success, she receives devastating news that brings her dreams crashing down. Before she can tell her husband, Mikey Bell takes Rachel from her home to his remote mountain cottage. He has a strange request and he promises to let her go by Christmas, if she fulfills this request. However, there is someone else in the cottage who makes it clear that they will not honor Mikey’s promises. They have a different request for Rachel and make it clear that there is no intention to let her leave. What vicious plans are being made? Is there a way out? Can Rachel figure out a way to escape?
Abby Davies is a new author to me and Her No 1 Fan is a thriller I never read before. From the very beginning, I was pulled into Rachel’s story and the terrifying situation she must fight to survive. The tensions build as Mikey lovingly takes care of Rachel, she feels she can appeal to him to let her go. The second person in the home, I don’t want to reveal who, was the truly terrifying person and their presence adds to the tension. I enjoyed Rachel’s resolve and determination to gain her freedom whether by being let go or fighting her way out. The only let down was the ending. While exciting, the story ends abruptly. I closed the book with a “What?” Overall, I enjoyed the story despite the abrupt ending. If you enjoy psychological thrillers, I recommend Her No 1 Fan.Her No 1 Fan is available in paperback and eBook

No comments:
Post a Comment