Broken Lies is the first book in the Second Chance Chicago series by Gina Azzi. Eli Roth is a Hollywood heartthrob who could have any woman he wanted. He wants Zoe Clark. She captivated him from the moment he laid eyes on her with her wicked curves, wise cracking mouth and bold confidence. Even when she rejected him, he was amused and set out to hire her as his personal trainer on set in the Seychelles. As she focuses on her job to keep him in shape for his role, the spark between them turns into a wildfire blaze. He even begins to see a future with her that he never thought he deserved. However, Zoe harbors a secret and finds lies with pretty words. Eli falls for it all.
Broken Lies is a fairly short book which ends on a cliffhanger and Twisted Truths, the second book, is the continuation of Eli and Zoe’s story. I was irritated at Zoe as she alluded to her secret and she refused to talk to her loved ones about it and in turn, readers are also left in the dark as well. While I could guess and assume what her secret was, I disliked the constant alluding to her secret. Eli and Zoe’s romance was okay and it is a bit irritating that I would have to read book 2 in order to see their happily ever after. Overall, I was bored and did not enjoy this story. I will not be continuing the series. I do not recommend Broken Lies.Broken Lies is available in paperback and eBook.

No comments:
Post a Comment