Saturday, August 15, 2026

Love on the Rocks: a second chance romance with faith, struggles and a happily ever after

Love on the Rocks is the second book in the Crane’s Cove by Kerry Evelyn. Kat Daniels regrets the day she chose barrel racing over her fiance, Easton Crane. A year later, she returns to Crane’s Cove with a secret. Easton Crane has loved Kat for as long as he can remember. When she shows up a year after their broken engagement, he is confused and conflicted. Especially when he sacrificed six years of his life to care for her after her traumatic brain injury. He is full of questions: what brought her back to town? Is she going to stay? What is she hiding? When a hurricane hits the cove, the life of Kat’s beloved horse, Easton and Kat must work together to save her. Can they also battle the storm of old memories? Can the wounds heal? Can their second chance at love be even stronger than before? 

Love on the Rocks is a clean, sweet Christian based romance with a small town community. It has been a while since I read the first book; however, the story in this book was easy to follow without a lot of information from the first book. From the beginning, Kat was closed off and hiding a secret that she tried to drink away. When the storm threatened her beloved horse, my heart dropped. I was even angry at Kat for her animosity toward Easton. However, as Kat’s hard facade began to crack, my heart broke for her. I loved the struggles with faith the characters experience in this story. Many authors who write faith based stories don’t really dive into struggles; however, Ms Evelyn does this beautifully. It felt real and relatable. Overall, I enjoyed this story and I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I highly, highly recommend Love on the Rocks

Love on the Rocks is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment