Saturday, January 20, 2024

My Bad Fake Boyfriend: bringing the worst possible boyfriend home for the holiday, what could go wrong?

My Fake Bad Boyfriend by Sara Whitney is the first book in the Hot Under the Mistletoe series. Darby St Claire needs a fake boyfriend. No, the worst fake boyfriend in the world. She needs a man to be so bad that her parents never bother her about her love life again. Gabe Dickinson says he’ll pretend to be that boyfriend. To be so bad that she is never asked to bring anyone home again. He promises he is up to the task. As they arrive at her parents’ home for Thanksgiving weekend, he’s a little too good at being bad. Darby and Gabe get so good at their little game, they forget it’s supposed to be an act. By the time Christmas Eve rolls around, Darby realizes that their flirty game has gone too far and she wants Gabe to be the gift she unwraps. But if she does, will she be able to walk away? 

I bought this book as the synopsis sounded fun. Fake dating is usually a hilarious trope to read. However, I quickly learned it was not the book I thought it was. First, it is a reverse age gap, which I have learned is not the trope for me. Strike one. Second, when Darby learns about their age difference, she quips “You were in kindergarten when I was getting boobs!” Ugh, I rolled my eyes so hard, I thought they would fly out of my head. Strike two. Third, this story was a fast burn. So fast, that they went from flirting to wanting to get into bed. Strike three. I don’t mind spiciness in a romance but it happens so fast that it was hard to enjoy this story. If you enjoy fast paced, fake dating, reverse age gap romances, My Fake Bad Boyfriend may be the story for you. 


My Fake Bad Boyfriend is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment