Thursday, January 18, 2024

Say Yes to the Mess: an age gap fake dating romance

Say Yes to the Mess by Kira Archer is an age gap fake dating romance. Summer Laurent is finally on a path to a better life. Her divorce from her ex-husband is freshly inked, She loves her job and her new house. Her group of ride-or-die friends adds to the joy in her life. Garrett Vogel was doing a favor for a friend of a friend, when he overhears an egotistical jerk disrespecting Summer. Without thinking, he jumped in and introduced himself as Summer’s boyfriend and put her ex in his place. What he doesn’t anticipate is accompanying Summer to her boss’s weekend long wedding festivities. What could go wrong? To Summer, everything. Almost ten years older than Garrett, she doesn’t see a future for them. Can Garrett convince her otherwise? 

Kira Archer is a new author to me and Say Yes to the Mess sounded fun. I usually don’t read the reverse age gap (or age gaps in general) stories but I decided to take a chance on it. Unfortunately, this story reminded me why I do not read the reverse age gap. I did not find Summer relatable. Although, the initial meeting between Summer and Garrett was electric and how he swooped in and put Summer’s ex husband in his place was hilarious. However, I didn’t buy their relationship. Overall, I didn’t enjoy the story. However, readers who enjoy the reverse age gap genre will likely enjoy it. If you enjoy age gap romances, I recommend checking out Say Yes to the Mess


Say Yes to the Mess is available in paperback and eBook


No comments:

Post a Comment